Saturday, January 28, 2017

Calling His Bluff (Club Raven #3) by B.A. Tortuga



Blurb:
Patrick's loss is Remy's gain. 

A Club Raven Novel 

After his twin dies in battle, it’s Patrick Daniels’ duty to marry his brother’s fiancée. Too bad he can’t make himself do it, and in his distress, he manifests a psychic talent that’s stronger than the tornadoes in his native East Texas. Then a mysterious man from a place called Club Raven steps in and sweeps Patrick off to the booming East Coast city of Baltimore. 

Club Raven veteran Remy Blanchard sees Patrick and knows, even though Patrick is very ill, that this is the challenge he’s been waiting for. He nurses Patrick back to health, and begins to teach Patrick to control his talent. His methods might be unconventional, and Patrick might be new to the kinds of sexual games Remy knows best, but the two of them find something in each other that might be just as magical as the gentleman’s club where they meet. 

My review:
m/m
I enjoyed the love story between Remy and Patrick. I will admit to not having read the previous two books and account some of my issues with the story to that. I have questions about Patricks’ wound and why he feels is necessary to repeat the phase “My brother was shot.” like it was programmed into him. It kind of creeped me out. I would recommend reading the first two books in the series before reading this one. I enjoyed it but feel I would have enjoyed it more had I not read it out of order.

Buy links:

No comments: