Monday, December 8, 2014

Ready to Were (Shift Happens Series #1) by Robyn Peterman




Blurb:

I never planned on going back to Hung Island, Georgia. Ever.

I was a top notch Were agent for the secret paranormal Council and happily living in Chicago where I had everything I needed – a gym membership, season tickets to the Cubs and Dwayne – my gay, Vampyre best friend. Going back now would mean facing the reason I’d left and I’d rather chew my own paw off than deal with Hank. 

Hank the Tank Wilson was the six foot three, obnoxious, egotistical, perfect-assed, best-sex-of-my-life, Werewolf who cheated on me and broke my heart. At the time, I did what any rational woman would do. I left in the middle of the night with a suitcase, big plans and enough money for a one-way bus ticket to freedom. I vowed to never return. 

But here I am, trying to wrap my head around what has happened to some missing Weres without wrapping my body around Hank. I hope I don’t have to eat my words and my paw.

***This novella originally appeared in the Three Southern Beaches collection released July of 2014. This is an extended version of that story.

My review:

I have to say that it has been confirmed that Robyn Peterman is certifiably hilarious.  This book had me laughing out loud.  Rip roaring funny!  A little steamy and a darn good story. This is not for folks who like dark gothic werewolves.  But if you like a snarky heroine, a hunky hero and a bunch of looney-toon secondary characters this romp is for you.

Buy links:
B&N

No comments: