Sunday, December 28, 2014

Lover's Purr by Claudia M. Farwell


Blurb:
~One young woman looking for a normal summer vacation-- one hot, smoking shifter who will change everything~

Karina wants fun in the sun, lots of trips to the lake, and maybe finding a hot boyfriend. Seems easy enough – especially when she literally runs into the sexiest man in town!

Jace is kind, enigmatic, and absolutely gorgeous! He’s also got a big secret-- a furry, whisker-covered, fang-filled secret. He's a bobcat shifter, and Karina has no idea.

Will his secret tear them apart before he can win Karina over and convince her she's his destined mate? Or will the coyote-thugs who have a bone to pick with Jace stir up more trouble than anyone could have guessed?

Warning: This book contains explicit, steamy sex, a wild bobcat who knows what he wants, and rough violence/language.

My review:
This is a short sexy romp by a “new to me” author.  I love the cover.  I liked Jace/Duke and the town legend.  I think the bad guys were well done.  Where I lost it was with Karina.  She is supposed to be about to become a college senior but she acts like a giggling junior high tweener.  This is the first book in the story there are questions left hanging.  I can only hope that Karina grows up. 
A gifted copy was provided by author for an honest review

  


No comments: