Friday, November 7, 2014

The Return by Brad Boney



Blurb:
Music. Topher Manning rarely thinks about anything else, but his day job as a mechanic doesn't exactly mesh with his rock star ambitions. Unless he can find a way to unlock all the songs in his head, his band will soon be on the fast track to obscurity.

Then the South by Southwest music festival and a broken-down car drop New York critic Stanton Porter into his life. Stanton offers Topher a ticket to the Bruce Springsteen concert, where a hesitant kiss and phantom vibrations from Topher’s cell phone kick off a love story that promises to transcend ordinary possibility. 

My review:
Sweet isn’t usually the first word that comes to mind when reading m/m romance.  But it is when I think of The Return by Brad Boney.  I also think well written, intelligent, poignant, sometimes gut wrenching with moments of humor that will make you laugh out loud.
I am not usually a fan of two part stories where each part alternates chapters until they come together in the end but Brad Boney blends the two so seamlessly well that I can’t imagine the story any other way. I fell a little bit in love with each of the characters and will admit to tears.   
Although we reconnect with the characters from The Nothingness of Ben this book can be read standalone.  My only complaint with this book is that nowhere was the fabulous Freddy Mercury mentioned.
I need to thank my friend Betty for turning me on to the works of Brad Boney and will pay it forward.

Buy links:

No comments: