Sunday, October 19, 2014

Nedobeck's Alphabet Book by Don Nedobeck and a bit about my favorite artist.

Nedobeck's Alphabet Book


Each letter of the alphabet is represented by a sentence using words beginning with that letter, which is illustrated by a fanciful drawing.
This is a super fun book for both kids and their parents or grandparents.  The artwork is fantastic and the author/artist gets silly with each letter - Terri the tall thin tan tiger, talks with three tiny toads by their toy truck.



Don also has a Numbers book:


And his own whimsical vision of the 12 Days of Christmas:






All that aside Don is one of my all-time favorite artists.  He is multi-talented; painting and playing Dixieland Jazz.  He has paintings hanging in a children’s hospital, in the collections of well known personages and I even have 1 or 2 prints signed by him.  




I met Don at a local crafts fair many years ago.  I was drawn to the sound of his clarinet and stayed for his artwork.  I couldn't afford his paintings or even his prints at that time but I could afford his calendar.  
I have collected them ever since and just got my hands on next years.  




You can find Don at:



But Don is looking at 80 and not too web savvy so if you aren't able to get in touch with him get in touch with me and I'll hook you up.


No comments: