Saturday, July 5, 2014

Past My Defenses (Taming the Pack #1) by Wendy Sparrow


Blurb:
Vanessa is the fastest Lycan around. In wolf form, the only threat she can’t outrun is her allergies. After a feline dander-bomb takes her down, she wakes up naked in a cage staring at a hot park ranger who had no idea what he’d trapped. But ooooh, he smells so good. Mine.

Dane hoped to tame the silver wolf in his kennel, but all bets are off with the deliciously sweet Vanessa on two legs. Her temper makes his pulse race, and he can’t escape the feeling they belong together.

They’re hot as a forest fire even before they scent-match, but Glacier Peak’s Alpha considers Dane a danger to the pack. Meanwhile, Lycans are being poached, and Vanessa has been targeted. Dane will have to keep her close to protect her, but with Vanessa in heat and mad to mate, who will protect him?

My review:
I was unprepared for this book.  I figured it was just another in a long line of shifter stories that I would read, enjoy and move on from.  Not so fast.  This book started out different and stayed there.  This fun story surprised me and kept me reading and up past my bedtime.  I’m not sure what I can say without spoilers so let me just say if you like a fun furry tale this book is for you.
I was lucky enough to be gifted a copy by author/publisher for an honest review






No comments: