Sunday, July 6, 2014

Martial Hearts (The Club #1) by Mia Michele


Blurb:
Mina, a martial arts and yoga instructor, is a creature of habit and has no intention of changing that. Her life is built around the rules she's created to save her from falling prey to the pain that being in love can inflict. When she's pursued by Damon, a Dominant who is hell bent on proving that submission can grant the greatest power, she's forced to choose between the life she's created and the one that she wants. 
Damon knows who he wants but it’s how to make her see that a future together could work that leaves him staggered. As they explore their new relationship, they’ll have to not only trust each other, but trust that there might be something more out there for each of them.

My review:
Martial Hearts is a book that needed to be written.  It is an emotional roller coaster and has some hot button moments but through it all is the underlying messages that everyone deserves respect, BDSM is about safe, sane and consensual, and that abuse is abuse no matter the lifestyle and there is a way out.  I’ll admit there were moments I thought I would put the book down as it was too painful but as I read on through the joy on the other side made it worthwhile. 
Mia Michele is a “new to me” author but you can bet I will check out the next book in this series.

Buy links:



No comments: