Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Love and Fire (House of Temptation #1) by Miranda J. Fox

Emma is in need of a self-esteem fix after a disastrous breakup so a friend drags her to a hot disco-swingers club. James Carter is young, hot and insanely successful. When they meet at the club he recognizes she is not their typical clientele and he wants to get to know her better. Emma is tempted but still has issues. Can James break through her fears and convince Emma to spend some time with him?
This is a short novella. I think the author must want to turn it into a serial (not my favorite way to read). I am conflicted about this story. Emma clearly has issues and gets herself into situations that can be easily misread. James isn't used to being turned down and his behavior could be called stalkerish. I think I would have liked this book better if it was longer and some of the issues that still hang had been resolved. I will read the next book if only to see how they resolve said issues after that we will see.

I received a copy of this from the author in exchange for a fair and honest review.

No comments: