Friday, August 24, 2012

Liquid Lies (The Elementals #1) by Hanna Martine


With all the books I have on my TBR shelf I try not to pick up anything random at the bookstore.  I must admit it was the cover that drew me in and then the blurb on the back convinced me that this book might just be right up my alley. 

This book was terrific!  It is an ambitious multi-layered tale and while Ms. Martine doesn’t always succeed she hits more than misses.

If President Barack Obama could have any "super power," it would be the ability to speak any language.  Gwen Carroway has that gift.  It makes her valuable to the company run by her father that supplies most of the wealth to her “people” the Ofarians.   The Ofarians came to earth after a war with another peoples called the Tedrans.  When an ancient Tedran hires Reed “The Retriever” Scott, a human, to abduct Gwen he has no idea that he is about to have his world and reality rocked.  The chemistry between Gwen and Reed is there from the start but Reed is a professional and doesn’t let it keep him from doing his job. 

This is a great read that defies pigeon holing into a label.  Yes it could be considered paranormal romance or sci-fi romance or any number of other genres.  I just call it a great read

No comments: