Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Howl For It by Shelly Laurenston and Cynthia Eden


This book contains two wolf-shifter stories by Shelly Laurenston and Cynthia Eden.  I bought it because I enjoy Shelly Laurenston’s Pride series (also her dragon series as G.A. Aiken). 

In Like a Wolf With a Bone by Shelly Laurenston we learn the story of how Eggie and Darla Smith (Dee-Ann’s parents from Big Bad Beast (Pride, #6) ) got together.  Egbert “Eggie” Ray Smith has a reputation even among his own kin of being slightly psychotic. Darla Lewis is the “quiet” Lewis sister.  But there is someone for everyone and for Eggie its Darla. Darla gets the monosyllabic Eggie to open up if only to her and Eggie finds the one person on the planet who isn’t afraid of him. 

The only book I’ve read by Cynthia Eden up till now is Hotter After Midnight and to be honest I don’t remember it all that well.  I guess I need to go back and re-read it.  The second story in this book is Wed or Dead by Cynthia Eden in which we find the alpha wolf-shifter of the Las Vegas pack, Gage, marrying a human hunter, Kayla.  She knows he is a wolf-shifter but thinks he doesn’t know she is a hunter.  It all started out as a job for her.  Get close to Gage then kill him only she didn’t count on falling for the big lug.

As I said at the beginning I bought this for the Shelly Laurenston story and wasn’t disappointed. I was pleasantly surprised by the Cynthia Eden story.  

No comments: