Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Drake House by Kelly Moran

Romantic suspense with a touch of paranormal.

You never know when or where you are going to find the next “new to me” author that becomes an instant must read.  I was cruising Facebook one day and Caridad Pineiro one of my favorite authors had posted a healthy shirtless man on her page and was having Man Wars with a fellow author Kelly Moran.  Well I had to put my 2¢ in and for my troubles I received a copy of The Drake House by Kelly Moran.  I’ve just finished reading it and have to say that I will be checking out her backlist.

Nick Mackey is the new cop in town.  He has moved to Small Rapids to start over.  He wants the peace and quiet of a small town.  What he gets instead is a mystery wrapped up in Trisha Eaton.  Trisha owns an apple orchard just outside town and someone is threatening her about events from the past.

I was sucked in from the get go.  Two damaged souls finding and loving each other.  I’m not much for ghost stories but the mystery had me on the edge of my seat and turning page after page trying to figure out who did it.  A definite re-read. 

No comments: