Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Absolute Power Exchange – Twenty Years Later by Candace Blevins



Blurb:
What happens to a kinky couple after twenty years of marriage, with kids in the house and two active careers? Can they keep the magic alive? Will he still own her, or will they have relaxed into something comfortable?

When the rules, protocols, and constant reminders of his ownership slide away and get lost in the daily shuffle of life, can they get the magic back?

Warning: Intense kink, not for the faint of heart. If you’ve read Candace Blevins’ contemporary Safeword series and enjoyed it, you’ll be fine. If you’re here because you’ve read her paranormal titles, please proceed with caution.
 

My review:
Not being in the kink life doesn’t stop my curiosity nor enjoyment of kinky books. I usually go into it with the “Your kink is not my kink, but your kink is okay” mindset. The premise of this book is one that had intrigued me for a while. Can a kinky lifestyle survive kids? This short intense novella describes a couple recommitting themselves after twenty years. I’ll admit at times this was hard for me to read. If not for the authors sympathy toward the characters and patience in explaining why the characters felt the way they did I might have been more upset. There is one scene that bothered me more than others and I would have felt more comfortable if it had happened in one of the authors paranormal books. All in all a good story but like the disclaimer states not for the faint of heart.

Buy links:
B&N
Kobo
Apple



No comments: