Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Gumshoe And The Mysterious Mushrooms (Gumshoe Mysteries Book 1) by Laura Hawks




Blurb:
Mia Thomas just turned 15. On her special day, her teacher needs to speak with her parents, her father gets arrested and a stray cat starts talking to her. So much for a Happy Birthday! With the help from her new familiar, Gumshoe, Mia sets out to clear her family's name and save them from financial ruin. Will her snooping cause her own death or will her coffee-drinking, wise-cracking, booze-desiring familiar come to her rescue?

My review:
Gumshoe And The Mysterious Mushrooms by Laura Hawks is the first in a brand new teen cozy mystery series. Mia is bright, ambitious and gifted. Gumshoe is a cat with a past and a wicked sense of humor. When these two are on the case you just know the bad guys are going to get caught. I really enjoyed this fast paced action filled adventure.
 Disclaimer: I was lucky enough to have won a character named after me. To say I was invested would be accurate. But holy smokes I was blown away by the story and if you have a young teen that likes mysteries you should have them check this out.

Buy link:





No comments: