Saturday, July 1, 2017

Play That Funky Music White Koi (Lemon Layne Mystery #2) by Dakota Cassidy





Blurb:

Welcome back to Fig Harbor, Washington home to amateur sleuth Lemon Layne, the best Sherlock Holmes wannabe west of the Mississippi!

No way. Vampires aren't real. Period! Or are they?

Find out in Play That Funky Music White Koi from USA Today bestselling cozy mystery author Dakota Cassidy. Play That Funky Music White Koi is packed with twists, turns, and suspects that will keep you guessing.

My tiny town of Fig Harbor's just recovering from our last tango with murder, only to be faced with yet another--and this time, it sure looks an awful lot like a vampire's on the loose in the PNW.

Vampires are just Twilight fiction, right?

I'm not so sure after a murder victim is found in my koi pond right next to my favorite fish, Koi George, (not good!) with bite marks on her neck, and a gothic antique chalice next to her body with blood residue.

By now, everyone knows I can't keep my nose out of a good mystery. But when I literally stumble upon an important clue linking a town official to the murder and what looks like a real live vampire cult, I decide it's time to gather up all the garlic I can buy and put my sleuthing shoes back on!”

This contemporary cozy mystery has it all, from the local doomsday prepper to an out of control pet monkey, a mother who would drive a saint to drink, and of course a dead body in the Koi pond.
 

My review:

Lemon Layne is back! You would have thought that her adventures in Prawn of the Dead would have put her off sleuthing but when a body is found in her koi pond she just has to find out what happened. There is a crazy mix of suspects and the usual bunch of crazies at Lemon’s back that guarantee this to be a fun mix of murder and mayhem. If you are looking for a clean, fun, cozy mystery I heartily recommend Lemon Layne.

Buy links:

No comments: