Monday, April 29, 2013

Seducing Charlotte by Diana Quincy

“Would you fight for love, Charlotte? No matter what the cost?”  Her chest felt painfully hollow. “I don’t know.” But of course she already had. Just not in the way he meant.  “Don’t you?” His face lowered to the side of her bare neck.  The warmth of his lips, the roughness of the skin on his cheek, slid across her sensitive skin. He inhaled, as if savoring her essence. “I would, you know. I would not just fight. I would claw and scrape for it. I would, apparently, suffer untold humiliation for it. For you.”

That scene just floored me.  Seducing Charlotte is a historical romance with a bluestocking leading lady and a titled leading man.  Set among a fascinating backdrop this is one of the best historical romances I've read in a long time.  I shall be looking for more from this author.  

I'd like to thank Entangled Publishing for giving me a copy to read and review.  It has been my pleasure.

No comments: