Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Rant - Slave To Love by Nikita Black

Sometimes I go for a few days without posting.  Sometimes it is because life has interfered with my escapism and sometimes it is because I don’t have anything to say about a book for instance I just finished Crystal Gardens by Amanda Quick aka Jayne Ann Krentz.  It was a fun read but if you’ve read any of the Arcane series books you’ve read this.  You still buy them and read them because they are fun but there is really nothing new to say.  Sometimes I don’t post because I don’t like to pan the books I’ve read.  I am going to make an exception to that today with Slave To Love by Nikita Black.

With all the hoopla surrounding the 50 Shades trilogy BDSM books are coming out of the woodwork.  If you want to read good BDSM erotica find something by Joey W. Hill, Desiree Holt, Cerise DeLand or Madeline Oh.  There are a lot of really good authors out there. 

I’ve not read anything else by Nikita Black but one of my authors had been pushing Slave To Love and it was free on Amazon. 
The plot – There is a serial killer on the loose.  The only thing tying the victims together is a fetish club.  Detective Michael "Mick" McGraw  aka “The Iceman” is lead investigator.  He has a troubled past and so does Special Investigations Officer, Caroline Palmer who Mick taps to help him go undercover. 
The mystery was solid.  The relationship between these two left me cold.  The violence may have been consensual but did nothing for me. 
My advice pass this one by there is a lot better out there.

No comments: