Sunday, March 29, 2015

When Darkness Comes (Guardians of Eternity #1) by Alexandra Ivy



Blurb:
It’s been a hell of a day for Abby Barlow. In just a few hours, she’s survived an explosion, watched her employer die, had a startling dream, and now she finds herself in a seedy Chicago hotel with the sexy, unearthly Dante, a vampire she both desires and fears.

For 341 years, Dante has stood as guardian to The Chalice, a mortal woman chosen to hold back the darkness. A terrible twist of fate has now made Abby that woman. Three hours ago. Dante would have used all his charms to seduce her. Now she is his to protest. And he will do so until his very death.

A terrifying plan has been set in motion, one that will plunge Dante and Abby into an epic battle between good and evil – and a desperate race to save their love…

My review:
Friends have been encouraging me to read this series for some time.  I finally picked up this book after meeting Ms. Ivy at a reader con.  This book is packed with action and adventure.  It kept me riveted right till the end.  That being said it took time for me to like Abby and even longer for me to like Dante but eventually they won me over.  I will be checking out the next book as soon as I can.

Buy links:

No comments: