Sunday, July 7, 2013

Stark Pleasure; the Space Magnate's Mistress (LodeStar, #1) by Cathryn Cade

Blurb: (Copied from Goodreads)

Can she survive the perils of the galaxy on her wits … or will she have to use her body?

Kiri te Nawa will do anything to escape the perilous streets of New Seattle, Earth II and find the treasure for which she searches the galaxy, even become the mistress of space magnate Logan Stark. But is he her savior, or simply the man who wants to own her sexually?

Just when she is ready to submit more than her body to this powerful, magnetic man, she's kidnapped and thrown into her worst nightmare. Will he search for her, or believe she's betrayed him with an old lover?

Set in the futuristic galaxy of The Orion Series.

My Review:

I became familiar with author Cathryn Cade through her Hawaiian Heroes series which I adore.  Where the Hawaiian Heroes series is sensual this series judging from this book looks to be much more erotic.  I haven’t (yet) read the Orion series but if it is anything like this book I need to check it out.  Ms. Cade writes great characters.  I LOVED Kiri.  She is a strong young woman who could have been beaten down by life’s misfortunes but instead has made it her goal to succeed.  Logan Stark has been where Kiri is and come out the other side and on top.  He has some redeeming qualities but every time I started to warm up to him he did something that made me want to punch him out.  I can’t wait to see what Ms. Cade has in store for us in the next installment.    

No comments: