Thursday, April 9, 2020

The Redemption of Memphis Drake by Shay Stone




Blurb:
She thought I was handing her my heart. What I really gave her was a hand grenade set to blow her world apart.

Ours wasn’t your typical love story. Ours involved lies. A lot of lies. So many that at some point, I lost track of which ones were mine and which were hers.

Falling in love with her was never part of the plan, not that I had a choice in the matter. From the moment we met, she captivated me, making me forget who I was and why I was pulling this job in the first place. I would have cut out my heart and begged her to take it if she hadn’t already stolen it, claiming it for her own. It no longer mattered who was conning whom. She made me believe the impossible—that we could be happy together.

I should have known better. Con men don’t get happy endings.

It was always going to end this way. I was going to break her heart in the cruelest way possible, leaving her no choice but to hate me. And that’s what I did, shattering my own in the process. I stayed away as long as I could, but a man can only live without his heart for so long. Now I’m determined to get her back and convince her the love we shared was real. But could she ever love a professional liar?

My review:
Wow! This is an incredible tale of love and second chances. I really liked our conman with a conscience Memphis Drake. He’s been through hell and done some despicable things but when love finds him he is going to have to overcome his past to have a future. I really enjoyed this story.

Buy links:

No comments: