Thursday, August 4, 2011

Reviews (sort of) Master of Shadows by Angela Knight & Bad Boys of Summer anthology

Master of Shadows by Angela Knight – I like Angela Knight.  I’ve read every story in the Mageverse series.  I was not as happy with this one as I have with the others and I think I have finally figured out why.  The story line was good.  The characters were ones I wanted to see get together. But there was very little humor in this book.  True the situations require some seriousness but usually it is broken up by witty banter.  Not so much in this book.  It wasn’t bad just not as good.  I look forward to the next in this series.   

Bad Boys of Summer anthology
I always prefer full novels over these short stories. There's just not a lot of time to get to know and love the characters and the romance is always hurried.  But I’ve met some amazing authors in anthologies so I keep buying them.
Luscious by Lori Foster was cute.  Twins, bad boy SWAT officer and a hero dog.  What more could you ask for.  Bad guy seemed forced. 
It's About Time by Erin McCarthy was fun. But again because of the length not as good as it could have given more time. 
Wish You Were Here by Amy Garvey was interesting.  I’ve not read anything by Ms. Garvey but based on this story I will probably go out and find out more about her.

No comments: