Friday, May 22, 2020

Atonement (Love Undercover, #3) by L.K. Shaw




Blurb:
I’ve worked hard to rebuild the life I nearly destroyed. The private investigation firm I've started with my brother could be my shot at redemption. Our first case: find the supplier of Rapture, a new, lethal drug being sold on the streets. I’m determined to do some good and make up for the sins of my past.

One of those sins just walked through the door, and her name is Landon Roberts. Two years ago, a chance meeting in an empty bar led to the most intense connection of my life. The anguish in her eyes echoed the pain inside me, and for a single night we offered each other comfort. Until the morning when she disappeared without a trace.

Now, she’s the D.E.A. agent tasked with finding and eliminating the source behind Rapture. Which means I plan on spending a lot of time with her, because I have no intention of letting her get away again.

But the powerful man behind the lethal drug won’t let anyone stand in his way of making money. Can Landon and I survive a drug war and find love and forgiveness for our sins?

My review:
Your past is the foundation for who you become but you don’t have to let it define you. Landon has secrets that threaten to destroy her sanity if she can’t learn to forgive herself. Preston has overcome his narcotics addictions and is clean but he knows it’s a slippery slope. Maybe they can help each other use lessons learned and come out stronger on the other side. This romantic suspense will have you rooting for two very damaged people and leave you with a heart full of hope.

Buy links:


No comments: