Sunday, November 17, 2013

Raising Kane (Fevered Hearts #5) by Heather Long

I was delighted to be wrong when I discovered that I had missed the latest installment of the Fevered Hearts series by Heather Long. I am so enjoying this series.  It is truly delightful and unlike most everything out there.  You aren't going to put a label on these books besides terrific.
Kid Kane was in sad shape at the end of A Fistful of Dreams (Fevered Hearts #4) and honestly I wasn't sure if he could be redeemed.  But through hard work and with help from Quanto & Wyatt Morning Star the Kid may just make it.  Along the way we meet Evelyn Lang also one of the Fevered who has fought her war to the Morning Stars to ask for their aid in training her gifts.  It may be that the best thing for her is the Kid and vice versa.  I am normally not one for books that skip locations and scenes but they are necessary and for the most part transition smoothly.   This is not a stand-alone book.  You really need to have read the others in the series to understand everything Kid has gone through.  I am looking forward to Jason & Wyatts stories.


No comments: