Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Perfect Wife by Lynsay Sands

I came across this re-issue and I couldn’t resist.  After all it was Lynsay Sands.  Before the Argeneaus Ms. Sands wrote historicals.  I think they are still her first love but because the Argeneaus are so successful that’s what she has been writing. 
The Perfect Wife is exactly why I feel this way.  It is well written and you can almost feel the love Ms. Sands has for these characters.  The bride and groom have been contracted since childhood.  He has been away fighting in the crusades and she has been learning how to be a good wife.  Avelyn is not willow thin and Paen likes her that way however he neglects to inform her.  Avelyn has been mercilessly teased about her weight and looks by her cousins and her self-esteem suffers for it.  
This is a sweet humorous romance with a bit of mystery thrown in for good measure and a prime example of why Lynsay Sands is on my auto-buy list.

No comments: