Sunday, November 12, 2017

Scarlett by Elle Klass



Blurb:

This series was spawned from the Ruthless Storm Trilogy.

I was Evan O’Conner’s first victim. Nov. 5, 1954, at 7:01 p.m. I entered the world, unwanted and uncherished. My mother was raped at 15 by Evan’s grandfather. Distraught and full of hate. A hate I now understand. She gave me up and I spent my tender years in foster care.

At age 17, I met my biological sister, Philmonia, born from the same father. Young and naïve I thought I’d finally found family. She was married to a wealthy man, Evan O’Conner Sr. They promised me a fairy tale life. I swooned and fell into their trap. My princess life was stopped short and became my prison.

They perpetrated unspeakable crimes against me. The worst was inseminating me with the sperm that gave life to a monster that grew inside me. I tried to abort the fetus but he clung to my uterus like a leech. The demonic seed grew and grew inside my womb for nine months. The monster’s fingers clawed against my insides. His feet kicked against my bladder and his soul ate at my heart, turning it black with hate. The little demon ball of cells clung inside me, refusing my wishes until he was ready. He was in control even then. My hate deepened each day for the devil inside me.

A child created by lust and scientific experimentation developed into a monster so cruel, so vile he’ll never be forgotten.

When my contractions started I pushed with everything I had to force him out of me. Finally I shed the little beast. My sister and her husband took the screaming, bald creature and held him with amazement while I shivered in relief. The little beast became the most renowned serial killer in history – The Hurricane Killer.

My name is Scarlett Jones and this is my story.
 

My review:
This book is not for the faint of heart. Scarlett Jones is a child begotten by rape. Her life is harsh and she is forced to make some hard choices. There are some pretty scary moments but there are some sweet moments too. If you like psychics and horror this is a book you should check out.

Buy links: