Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Earth Spells Are Easy (Grimoires of a Middle-aged Witch #1) by Renee George

 



 

Blurb:

As a forty-year-old, newly divorced, single mom, I know two things for certain, starting over sucks and magic isn’t real.

At least that what I thought. I mean, starting over really does stink, but when it comes to magic, I have to rethink everything.

I’ve spent the last year since my ex left me going through the motions. Get up. Go to work. Come home. Cook dinner. Go to bed. Take care of a grumpy teenager in between. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Nothing changes... Until it does.

After bidding on a box of old books at an estate auction, I’m becoming a different woman. Not on the outside, nothing so obvious, but on the inside, I can feel a strength inside me that didn’t exist before.

On top of that, my garden gnome Linda has come to life and is very chatty, a feral cat keeps finding his way into my house, and a gorgeous professor of occult tells me I’m a witch.

Right now, I’m not sure who’s nuttier—me, Linda or the hottie professor.

If this is my new reality, it’s natures cruel midlife trick. I’m learning fast that earth spells might be easy, but they aren’t cheap. All magic exacts a toll, and if I don’t master each element, the elements will be the death of me.

 

My review:

Earth Spells Are Easy is an adorable tale of change and magic. Forty something and newly divorced, Iris is about to come into her powers as a new earth witch. She is aided in her transition by a cranky garden gnome, an adorable cat and a hunky druid.  This story had me at turns laughing out loud and empathizing with life throwing changes in rapid succession.  I can’t wait for the next installment.

Buy links:

Amazon

B&N


No comments: