Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Rook (Black Mountain Pack Book 2) by Miranda Lynn



Blurb:
Rook heads to South America and finds his hands full with bringing the Pride out of the dark ages that Tomas had kept it in for years under his malicious ruling. He reunites with a few old friends and discovers a dark and twisted world he never knew existed behind the closed doors of the Alpha’s house. With the help of old military buddy Jonah he guides the Pride onto the path of a happy and fruitful living. 
Fate has other plans when Rook is blindsided with the fact that his true mate had been kept in the clutches of the former Alpha. Locked behind doors and used as an object to be shared rather than respected and revered as all female shifters should be. 
Will he be able to cull the evil from the Pride and make it safe enough for Casey to lead without fear? Will he be able to help his mate heal from the hell she has been put through and coax her cat to come out and play?
 

My review:
Have your read the first book Mack? No? Go read that one first so you will get the full potential of this book. I hadn’t read Mack when I read this book and it left me with questions. I am a bit conflicted about this book. I really liked Rook. He is big and rough and buff and stuff but he is also honorable. One of my problems was Jazz had been tortured for 16 years and after only six months of therapy is ready for a relationship with Rook? Where was Tamara when the other women were being tortured? I liked the romance between Jonah and Tamara and Rook and Jazz and was thrilled by the happy ending I just couldn’t check my brain at the door on this one.

Buy links:


No comments: