Friday, July 29, 2022

When the Spell Blows (Grimoires of a Middle-aged Witch Book 3) by Renee George


 


 

Blurb:

Being a forty-something, newly divorced, single mom can have it’s up and downs, but discovering that I possess elemental witch magic has turned the downs deadly. As a new practitioner of tru-craft, I’ve been told that every witch is called to a single element, and they are sent down one of two paths, the Fade or the Bright.

In my case, that’s simply not true. I’ve mastered Fire and Earth, almost at the cost of my life, and I can’t help but wonder what what lethal path Air will blow me down.

 

My review:

When the Spell Blows is a terrific addition to this series. I recommend reading the earlier books first.

Iris has come to her magic later in life. She was adopted as a child and not raised in the craft. She is winging it with the help of a gnarly gnome with an attitude, a guy who claims to be her soul mate and her own wit and wisdom she’s garnered through life. Unlike most Tru-craft witches Iris has been gifted with multiple elements to call. She’s survived fire and earth but air might just kill her unless she can let go and go with the flow. Not something she’s good at.

I really enjoy this series and this is a fantastic addition. I can identify with Iris’s struggles and was thrilled when she finds support in unexpected places.

 

Buy links:

Amazon

B&N

No comments: