Thursday, May 6, 2021

JoJo (The Drummonds Book 8) by September North

 



 

Blurb:

Trigger Warning: These characters experience and must find a way to navigate PTSD from sexual assault.

 

Book 8 in the Drummond Series

Hi, I’m Faith. I have been half in love with JoJo Michaelson since moving here and seeing him in my neighborhood. He doesn’t see me, though. No one does. All of that is about to change because thanks to him losing a bet and me winning the dogfight, he has to take me out on a date. Only, JoJo isn’t like other guys. He...actually takes me out on a date. The problem is...lots of girls like JoJo. One of them...too much. How far will she go to get him? I just got friends, why do I have to choose between him and them?

I’m JoJo. I never get mad, I love to prank my team and my family, and I’m really good at playing basketball. I lost a bet with the team and learned that meant I would be taking out a girl from our school. I was really not happy about how that girl was chosen, but if I tried to shut that down before taking her out, it would look like I could not shoulder my consequences. I expected the worst, but...met Faith, and she is interesting, different. This whole time I thought I could avoid my family curse, but I knew by the end of that date when I walked her home after playing basketball in my driveway...she was it. I just...never saw the rest of it coming. Those girls...they did things. I knew they were bad news. I just didn’t think Faith would pick them over me or that they were capable of the monstrosities they committed, but...they did. Now, I have to learn to live with it, deal with it, and so does she. The question remains, will we be together when this storm passes or was the damage too great to repair between us?

 

My review:

This is a wonderful story. The author touches on some difficult subjects in a sensitive way but doesn’t shy away from the sad reality of those subjects and the work involved in coming out the other side. The characters are likeable enough that you want to see them succeed. I’ll admit to having shed some ugly tears for Jojo and Faith.

 

Buy links:

Amazon

B&N


No comments: