Thursday, May 20, 2021

Fix You by Melanie Marchande



 

Blurb:

So, Mara, what do you do for a living?

I brush makeup on your grandpa’s face. I style your aunt’s hair just like in the pictures. I drive a hearse, and my workday usually starts after 9 PM.
I’m a freelance embalmer. A mortician. A stylist for the dead.
At this point in the conversation, most people make a polite excuse and back out of the room. I don’t blame them. People don’t like thinking about what happens after they die. And Nick Hamilton, the brother of my latest decedent, is no exception.
But he’s obsessed. Maybe because they were twins, although they didn’t particularly look alike. Nick saw footage of the accident online and it scarred him. He was fascinated that I was able to work my magic and make his brother whole again, which...hey, it’s my job. But this is different. Nick is different.
I thought I had my life in order. But this reckless, infuriating, fascinating man is changing everything. I wish I’d never met him.
I’m a great f*cking liar.
 

 

My review:

Fix You is a quirky tale of love and death. I loved Mara despite her job she isn’t morbid. Nick has issues but in the end he gets his head out of his butt and helps Mara.

I loved this look at a profession we don’t see every day.

 

Buy link:

Amazon

 

No comments: