Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Anice (The Cursed Clan Book 5) by Melissa Schroeder




Blurb:
Get the thrilling conclusion to the Cursed Clan Series!

A woman destined to save her family.

Anice has always felt left out. Granted, not on purpose, but when the only female who spent two centuries with her cousins and brother, it's hard not to. Now that all of them have found their mates, she is ready for her happy ending. When she falls for Brody Stewart, Anice is thrilled he is interested.

A man who hides his true self.

Brody has spent his entire life hiding his true self from the world. When his sadistic cousin gives him a chance at freedom, he takes it. He has no issues seducing a woman--until he meets her. Anice is his mate, there is no doubt, and he cannot imagine a life without her. Now he has to play a careful balancing act protecting both her and his family.

A love that cannot be denied.

When Brody's deception is uncovered, Anice wants nothing more to do with him. Unfortunately, it's revealed he is essential to the last quest. As dark forces close in on the Mclennans, Anice and Brody will have to learn to trust each other, or lose everything they hold dear.
 

My review:
OMG! I cannot tell you how moved I was by this book. Up till now my favorite Mclennan had been Fletcher but his twin Anice stole my heart. She showed that there are strengths outside the physical. And she was so strong.
I usually have a love/hate relationship with the last book in a series but the author handled this masterfully. If you haven’t read the other Cursed Clan books I highly recommend them. The titles may lead you to think historical romance but these are pure PNR.
This was a sweet, sexy and moving story that left me with a smile on my face.

Buy links:

No comments: