Monday, August 20, 2018

A Wolf Apart (The Legend of All Wolves #2) by Maria Vale




Blurb:
Can a human truly make room in her heart for the Wild?
Thea Villalobos has long since given up trying to be what others expect of her. So in Elijah Sorensson she can see through the man of the world to a man who is passionate to the point of heartbreak. But something inside him is dying...

Elijah Sorensson has all kinds of outward success: bespoke suits, designer New York City apartment, women clamoring for his attention. Except Elijah despises the human life he's forced to endure. He's Alpha of his generation of the Great North Pack, and the wolf inside him will no longer be restrained...

She sizes me up quickly with eyes the color of ironwood and just as unyielding.
"Thea Villalobos," she says, and it takes me a moment to get my breath back.
Thea Villalobos. Goddess of the City of Wolves.

My review:
I haven’t read the first book in this series (I didn’t know there was one) however I don’t think it lessened my enjoyment of this story any.  A Wolf Apart is a romantic fantasy that takes place in a well written world. Our hero has been out in the human world providing for his brethren of the Great North Pack but he is tired of humans and their ways and their stink. Our heroine is human but she hates the city almost as much as our hero. Falling in love with a human may save his mind but it could cost him his life. Mating a human is against all the rules. After a slow start (it probably would have gone faster if I’d read the first one) I really got into the story and read it in one sitting.

Buy links:

No comments: