Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Rock King (Nothing But Trouble #1) by Tara Leigh




Blurb:
Fans of Kristen Callihan and Kylie Scott will scream for this sizzling bad boy rock star romance!

I'm not who you think I am.

Shane Hawthorne has it all. At least, that's what the headlines say about me. I have millions of fans, awards, more money - and women - than I know what to do with. But what you don't see is the wreckage I've caused. The memories and pain I can't escape, even when I pour them into music and spin them into gold.

I tried to forget. To lose myself in booze and groupies. It didn't work. It hurt me and - worse - it hurt my band. That's the last thing I want to do, so I'm cleaning up my act... starting with Delaney Fraser.

Gorgeous, smart, drama-free, and even nice - Delaney is the perfect "girlfriend." When I'm with her I don't have to pretend. It's like she sees the real me. And I can see a future with her. But that's dangerous. Because the truth is, Shane Hawthorne doesn't actually exist. He's a shield to hide who I really am. Fraud. Runaway. Addict. Murderer.

And it's impossible to love a lie, right?

The Nothing but Trouble series:
Rock King
Rock Legend
Rock Rebel

My review:
Rock King is an angsty, sweet rock and roll romance. Shane Hawthorne is at the top of his game professionally but personally he is carrying around a butt ton of grief. He tried self-medicating but was fortunately pulled out of that spiral by his agent. One of the ways he copes is by hiring a pretend girlfriend for each tour. She will stand between him and the booze and drugs and groupies. He picks waitress for this tours “girlfriend” and despite her better judgement she takes the job because she needs the money and Shanes agent makes her an offer she can’t refuse. They didn’t plan to fall in love but Shane isn’t the only one with secrets and Delany’s may just cost them everything.
I liked these perfectly imperfect characters. I enjoyed tagging along with them as they each discovered more about themselves and each other.

Buy links:

No comments: