Tuesday, February 3, 2015

His Guarded Heart by Lia Davis



Blurb:
Senator Beau Beckett refuses to lay low because of a few death threats on postcards. His new bodyguard isn’t going to convince him otherwise. At least not until the threat becomes real and his four year old daughter’s safety is jeopardized. He has no choice but to work with his cocky and sexy Agent Wolfe to stay alive.

Federal Security Protection agent, Judd Wolfe doesn’t play by the rules. His out-of-the-box way of getting things done lands him a babysitting job. But being Senator Beckett’s bodyguard while staying out of his bed becomes his biggest challenge as passion ignites between the men.

My review:
m/m
This is a short sexy tale by the incredible Lia Davis and I so wanted to like it more than I did.  The romance part is fantastic. Beau & Judd are great together.  It is the reality part that let me down.  We are supposed to believe that a Senator who is a widower and father isn’t going to have problems with public displays of affection from a man? I’m not saying he should I am saying that in today’s political climate he should at least make a decision about it.  It was little things like that, that lessened the experience for me.
Complimentary copy provided by author/publisher for an honest review.

Buy links:





No comments: