Friday, February 17, 2023

Sapphire Omens (Sisterhood of the Stones Book 2) by L.A. Boruff, Lia Davis, Lacey Carter


 

Sapphire Omens (Sisterhood of the Stones Book 2) by L.A. Boruff, Lia Davis, Lacey Carter

 

Blurb:

If you wish you knew what people thought of you, to be frank, you’re a fool.

I burned a lot of bridges when I fell from fame. Not only did I embarrass myself in front of the world, but my tell-all book ruined any chance I had to fix things. And why? All because of a cheating husband and a best friend who betrayed me.

It wasn’t worth it. But some things happen for a reason because without my fall from fame, I never would have met Nicky. He loves me for me, and our simple life is pretty close to perfect.

When I receive a letter, a chance to step back into Hollywood, to open doors I thought were closed, and possibly regain some of my wealth and fame, I should run the other way.

Unfortunately for me, I’m not that smart. I thought I could fix my old reputation. I thought I could show everyone I’d changed.
I was a fool. The moment I put on a beautiful necklace straight from a pirate’s treasure, I can hear the terrible thoughts from everyone around me. I might just crack. Again. Once upon a time I started over, can I really do it again? Or will my greed end to the worst loss of all, that of the man I love?

 

My review:

This is the tale of the second stone of a trio of cursed stones from a pirates treasure a beautiful blue sapphire that allows you to hear what people are thinking. An actress always wants to know what folks are thinking right? Not so much. I really enjoyed Delilah and Nicky’s tale and just wanted them get their act together. This is a terrific addition to the saga. Bring on the black stone.

 

Buy link:
Amazon

 

No comments: