Monday, October 3, 2022

The Experiment (The Experiment Series Book 1) by Piper Mackenzie

 



 

Blurb:

Note : This book has a ‘cliffhanger’ ending. Some situations will not be resolved until later books in this series.

He’s so out of my league. ~ Katie


It was for my own good.
Help I didn’t want, but desperately needed.
I was too young to close myself off from life, wrapped in depression, clinging to a wine bottle.
Go to work, go home. Drink. Repeat.
So a few weeks of immersive group therapy was what my counselor strongly suggested. A summer help-camp, if you will.
Sure, okay. Whatever.
Now here I am, the anti-social wino in a social experiment. I’ve made one friend–and one enemy. And then there’s 
him…I can’t stop the attraction I feel toward him, even though I don’t stand a chance. He’s a movie star, for pete’s sake! A movie star who apparently is as drawn to me as I am to him…


She’s too good for me. ~ Grayson


I don’t want to be here.
Court-ordered therapy.
Yeah, so I’ve made some 
(public) mistakes. I’m just here to do my time and then back to Hollywood. The last thing I want is to be the main attraction at the nuthouse, but the stares and whispers and giggling flirtations start the minute I walk in.
All except 
her. I’m not sure she even knows who I am. It’s the most refreshing, liberating…real, thing I’ve felt in years. And the more time I spend with her, the more I realize what I’ve been missing in my life.
It’s like she was made for me.
Yet, I don’t deserve her.
And there’s something odd going on here. I don’t even know how to explain it, but it’s like a vice is tightening around us. Like we’re all chess pieces in a game we weren’t aware of. I’ll be glad when we can leave this ‘experiment’…

 

My review:

This book is a total mind bender. A psychological experiment that will have you questioning everything. The characters are fully fleshed, and you will recognize the types. Katie and Grayson are adorable. I can’t wait for the next installment.

 

Buy links:

Amazon

 


No comments: