Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Chained Hearts Duet (Chained Hands and Locked Hearts) by T.L. Smith

 



 

Blurbs:

Sailor

My husband sold me.
Not only did he sell me, but he told me he loved me while doing the deal.
What lies he tells.
Only fools believe him.
Unfortunately, one of those fools was…
.. me.

Keir

Not in the habit of buying women.
I didn’t need to.
I was a king of my realm, the devil you whispered about in your sleep.
So when his debt fell due, he sold me his wife.
And I was happy because I wanted to play with her like any fool would.
And play with her, I did.
Pity, in the end, I would have to kill her.


When the king of the underworld wants you.
You have no place to run.
No matter how hard you try, no matter where you go.
He will find you.
It’s just a matter of, do you want him to find you.
Or do you want to run.

 

My review:

Dark, dirty and utterly fascinating. I don’t read bully romances as a rule. But I do occasionally read mafia romances. This duet sucked me in and tore me up. I hated Keir but loved Sailor despite the s**t show that was her life.

Keir was raised to be a heartless killer. Till now he has done just fine living without love. When Sailors husband gives her up as collateral for his debt to Keir she shows spunk and sass that intrigues Kier. He soon becomes fascinated by her as she seems to be the only person on the planet that doesn’t kowtow to him. I kept reading as their relationship changed throughout Chained Hands and had to find out what happened in Locked Hearts.

 

Buy links:

Amazon Chained Hands

Amazon Locked Hearts

B&N Chained Hands

B&N Locked Hearts


No comments: