Thursday, January 6, 2022

Dad Bod Rockstar by Melissa Schroeder

 


Blurb:

A road-weary rockstar finds love with a small town baker, but will his fame destroy the one woman he has ever loved?

Niall

A lot of people look at my life and think I have it all. Multiple platinum records, more money than I know what to do with, and a seemingly never ending string of women. Everyone thinks they know me, but very few do. I’m ready to settle down, but most women see the rockstar and not the man.

Until Blossom.

She’s way too young for me, and so innocent I’m embarrassed by my infatuation. But the moment I meet her, I’m in love. I only have a couple days with her before I have to be back on the road, so I fill them with as much romance as I can and I promise to get back to her.

Blossom

I’ve led a sheltered life. All I have ever wanted was to be a baker. I spent my early twenties building my reputation, and the past two years running my own small town bakery. I’m over the moon at my success, still there has been something missing.

Then in walks Niall Holden, my celebrity crush.

He loves my baking, and insists on taking me to dinner. We spend two glorious nights together because he has to be back on the road. He promises he will return as soon as his tour is done. I want to believe in happily ever after, but stories in the tabloids make me realize I’m not cut out for this kind of relationship.

Only Niall doesn’t agree, and when he shows up in my small town again, he insists that I am the woman for him. That may be true, but does he just want me…or will he want us?

This story is an age gap, small town, surprise baby romance set in Melissa Schroeder’s Instalove World. It includes a grumpy but totally sweet rockstar, an adorkable baker with a quirky way of looking at the world, cupcakes and cookies, and the antics of the Patton brothers and their wives from The Dominon Rockstar Romance series. There is no cheating, an HEA, and can be read as a stand-alone.

 

My review:

I LOVE IT! This sweet story finds rocker Niall Holden in a small town bowled over by gifted baker Blossom. Niall has been on top for twenty five years. He is tired of the road and the one night stands. Blossom stuns him from the get go and he is sure he has found his forever but now he has to convince her. This story is sweeter than red velvet mud pies.


Buy link:

Amazon


No comments: