Saturday, May 30, 2020

Sense and Scent Ability (A Nora Black Midlife Psychic Mystery Book 1) by Renee George


Sense and Scent Ability (A Nora Black Midlife Psychic Mystery Book 1) 
by Renee George

Blurb:
Murder stinks. And if I don't sniff out the killer soon, I'll lose my best friend. Forever. 

My name is Nora Black, and I'm a fit and fabulous fifty-one years young. At least that's what I tell myself when I'm not constipated, my knees don't hurt, and I can find my reading glasses.

I'm also the proud owner of a salon called Scents & Scentsability here in the midwestern resort town of Castle Cove where I make a cozy living selling handmade bath and beauty products. All in all, my life is pretty good.

Except for one little glitch...

Since a major surgery, where I died on the operating table for exactly twenty-seven seconds, I've been experiencing what some might call paranormal activity. No, I can't see dead people, but quite suddenly I'm triggered by scents that, in their wake, leave behind these vividly intense memories. Sometimes they're unfocused and hazy, but there's no doubt, they are very, very real.

Know what else? They're not my memories.

Weirder still, they last precisely twenty-seven seconds...

When my best friend Gilly's abusive boyfriend Lloyd ends up dead after a fire, and she becomes the prime suspect in what my ex-husband, the town's Chief of Police, says is murder, I end up a babysitter to her two teenagers while she's locked up in the clink.

Add to that my super sniffer's newly acquired abilities and a rash of memories connected to the real criminal, I find myself in a race to catch a killer before my best friend is tried for murder.

My review:
Sense and Scent Ability is a delightful start to a new cozy mystery series. Nora Black died on the operating table for exactly twenty-seven seconds and since she came back she has the ability to sense other people’s memories. She uses this new ability to help the hunky (younger) detective solve the case of who killed her bff’s abusive ex-boyfriend.
Nora is a total hoot and her friends encourage her in the best ways. This was a wonderful way to meet Nora and her crazy cast of friends. I look forward to more adventures with the lot.

Buy links:

No comments: