Friday, March 2, 2018

How to Date Your Dragon (Mystic Bayou #1) by Molly Harper Narrated by Amanda Ronconi and Jonathan Davis.


How to Date Your Dragon (Mystic Bayou #1) by Molly Harper Narrated by Amanda Ronconi and Jonathan Davis.

Blurb:
Anthropologist Jillian Ramsay's career has taken a turn south.

Concerned that technology is about to chase mythological creatures out into the open (how long can Sasquatch stay hidden from Google maps?), the League for Interspecies Cooperation is sending Jillian to Louisiana on a fact-finding mission. While the League hopes to hold on to secrecy for a little bit longer, they're preparing for the worst in terms of human reactions. They need a plan, so they look to Mystic Bayou, a tiny town hidden in the swamp where humans and supernatural residents have been living in harmony for generations. Mermaids and gator shifters swim in the bayou. Spirit bottles light the front porches after twilight. Dragons light the fires under crayfish pots.

Jillian's first assignment for the League could be her last. Mystic Bayou is wary of outsiders, and she has difficulty getting locals to talk to her. And she can't get the gruff town sheriff, Bael Boone, off of her back or out of her mind. Bael is the finest male specimen she's seen in a long time, even though he might not be human. Soon their flirtation is hotter than a dragon's breath, which Bael just might turn out to be....

My review:
Molly Harper is an autobuy for me so when How to Date Your Dragon came out I was excited. I don’t do a lot of audiobooks because of bad experiences with narrators and because my retention is less with audio; you know the whole in one ear and out the other deal. Anyway I was tickled pink that not only did I LOVE the story I actually enjoyed the narration (accents included) and retained more than I thought I would. The characters of Mystic Bayou are more than clichés and I fell in love with them all. I laughed and sighed and was glad I was alone on the road when Balfour got his. Molly Harper has a fun imagination and I look forward to my next visit to Mystic Bayou.
This book should come out in ebook at a point in the near future.

Buy links:

No comments: