Monday, August 11, 2014

Authors After Dark Charlotte 2014

Authors After Dark is a non-profit reader-author get together.  This was my second year attending.  I had a terrific time.  I love this con because there is plenty of time to hang out with your favorite authors and to discover new ones.  I'm going to name drop for a second here... among the big name attending authors this year were Desiree Holt, Lorelei James, Carly Phillips, Jennifer Estep, Joey W. Hill, Kate Douglas and Alexandra Ivy. Plus dozens of fantastic authors you may or may not have heard of but need to meet because they are terrific.  Some of them write in genres I may never read but I still had a blast hanging out with them.  I'll let you in on a little secret... authors are readers too and they probably love some of the same books that you do.  I attended some terrific panels, parties and games. And then there was the book signing.  Sweet fan girl heaven.

I had hoped to post pictures but to be honest I am just too pooped.  Check back there will be photos and a contest.  You may even win one of my custom bookmarks in the color of your choice.


No comments: