Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Wild Child by Molly O'Keefe

Mayor Jackson Davies knows about responsibilities.  He left law school and his girlfriend to move back to Bishop, Arkansas to raise his much younger sister when their parents were killed in a car wreck.  He was elected mayor to a town on the edge of bankruptcy.  He has a chance to bring some much needed industry to Bishop in the form of a cookie factory.  The problem is there are other towns in the running for the same factory.  Having former “Wild Child” Monica Appleby return to Bishop to write about Bishop’s only murder, when her mother shot and killed her father is not the image Jackson wants to present.  He can’t help it if he finds himself attracted to her.  Which will win duty or love?

This book is a little darker than other books I've read by Ms. O'Keefe but it is still one heck of a good read.  This book had me at times laughing out loud and at one point I had to put the book down because I couldn't read through my tears.  Like real life this book is filled with ups and downs and I highly recommend it.


I received an advance copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in return for a fair and honest review.  

No comments: