Wednesday, June 5, 2013

All I Ever Wanted by Kristan Higgins

I became aware of Kristan Higgins through Jill Shalvis and their “Man Wars” on Facebook.  I found her comments funny and picked up Just One of the Guys.  I've been hooked ever since and am slowly working my way through her backlist.

All I Ever Wanted tells the story of a Callie. She is smart, funny, kind, giving, sweet and not a troll.  She is loved by everyone but Mark, the man she has wanted since he was her first kiss at 14. Now on her 30th birthday she finds out that though the timing for their 5 week affair was wrong for him he has now not only found someone else to marry she will be coming to work with them.  Enter the new vet in town.  Ian McFarland is the Anti-Mark.  Where Mark is smooth and charming Ian is much better with animals than people.  Callie needs a distraction and decides that Ian needs a personality makeover. Meeting Ian and learning about him may teach Callie a few things about herself.


Funny, sad, sweet, silly, all the things I've come to love and expect in a  Kristan Higgins novel.

No comments: