Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Battered Not Broken by Ranae Rose

Ally Rivera’s father is in jail.  She works with her mother at a salon as a nail technician and avoids her brother who is number 2 in in a local gang.  She also does amateur female fights every other Saturday.  It is while working out at the local MMA gym she meets hunky Ryan Moore.  The former marine is trying to rebuild his life after being processed out of the Marines after an injury from an IED makes him unfit for duty.  He has come back physically enough to fight competitively but still suffers migraines. Can these two so battered by life be complete together?


I am surprised at how much I enjoyed this story.  I asked to review it because it involved a military man and I do love a military man.  I am not however enamored of MMA.  I just don’t get how people can enjoy beating each other up.  I understand wanting to challenge yourself physically but I just don’t get fighting.  But Ranae Rose makes it work.  The MMA might as well be a metaphor for these characters struggles in life.  The love scenes between these two smolder without being crass or gratuitous.  I was pulling for Ryan and Ally both in the ring and out.

I’d like to thank Ranae Rose for giving me the opportunity to read and review this story.  



And don’t forget one of my favorite authors, Molly Harper, has a new book coming out on December 18th.  Look for My Bluegrass Baby.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you very much for taking the time to read and review Battered Not Broken, Donna. I appreciate it and am glad you enjoyed Ally & Ryan's story. :)