Sunday, July 15, 2012

True Blood

I've not been reading much for the past couple of days as life and my husbands viewing of the first 4 seasons of True Blood have gotten in the way.  I've read the entire Sookie Stackhouse series to date my husband has not.  You could tell as he kept asking "Did that happen in the books?"  I don't know if I would have enjoyed the show more without having read the books or not but I do know that the show takes great "artistic liberties".  This isn't necessarily a bad thing.  It is anothers vision of the story and just as enjoyable in its own way.  I am a big fan of Kathy Reichs' Bones series which looks nothing like the tv series which I also enjoy.  I just consider the shows like Fan Fic. Now after I clean my new kitchen floor I may be able to get back to my TBR pile.

No comments: