Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Catching Fire (Hunger Games #2) and Mockingjay (Hunger Games #3) by Suzanne Collins


Warning spoilers

I just finished reading this book.  I tore through Catching Fire (Hunger Games #2) and Mockingjay (Hunger Games #3) in no time.  My friend Jen, who recommended this series, loved books 1 & 2 but hated 3.  I think that Jen was expecting something along the lines of another Twilight.  This isn’t it. I was proud that Ms. Collins stuck to her vision.  I think that it was insightful and intelligent.  Jen claims that due to the lack of a hea that the 3rd book isn’t YA.  I disagree.  I think That Ms. Collins’ audience is smart enough to get the message.  This whole series is about surviving and compromise.  Sometimes staying alive is the best you can hope for.  

1 comment:

Donna said...

I got interrupted while writing this. Now that I re-read it I am just going to let it go. You get the idea without the spoilers.